It’s already March! (Anyone else have a part of their brain that’s still stuck in last March? What a weird year.) But, a new month means new goals. I’m keeping things fairly simple with my March goals, simply because I’ve been trying to slow down a bit.
I feel like February flew by! February went a lot better than January did. My mental health was a lot better, and even though there were still quite a few days that were a struggle, it was a better month.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means that if you click on a link and purchase something I’ve shared, I’ll receive a small percentage of the sale. Please see my full disclaimer for more details.
February Monthly goals progress:
In February, I didn’t finish any of my monthly goals, but I did make steps on each of them.
- We paid off more of our debt (and will finish in March!)
- I picked out the seeds for my garden but haven’t ordered them yet.
- I also started my paint by number, but it’s a little more work than I thought, but a fun and different way to be creative!
February Weekly goals progress:
- We didn’t have FHE every single week, but we’re getting into the habit more.
- Make a budget. YES!!
- Go to the library. YES! Von loves the library so much too, which makes it even more fun.
February Daily Action items progress:
- Still working to make reading scriptures with Von a daily habit
- Had a lot more kneeling prayers and definitely had more conversations with God this month!
- Why is making the 10-minute pickup at the end of the day so hard for me? I’ll be trying something new this month!
- I wrote in my journal almost every day for the last half of February! I’m enjoying that habit again 🙂
- Talk about Jesus – I’m definitely doing this more, as it’s on my mind a lot more.
How I went about setting my March Goals:
As I mentioned, I’m planning to slow down a bit in March. I have a few things I’ll be really focusing on, but I’m saying no to everything else. I use the PowerSheets Goal Planner from Cultivate What Matters to set intentional goals + track them each month!
- Write 30k of a new novel. That’s right! I’m starting a new book. (See some details here!) I’m hoping to write about 1k a day, but I’m also gonna be flexible if that doesn’t work with what’s happening in our life. I’m excited for this new project though!
- Finish paying off our debt. We’re so, so, so close. And Griffin is getting a bonus from work this month, which we’ll use a portion of to pay off the rest of our debt (other than our mortgage)
- 3-4 blog posts. With the novel I’m working on, I won’t be blogging nearly as much this month. But I’m still aiming for once a week, if possible!
- Attend virtual church. Our ward (congregation) finally started streaming church services at the end of January. I’ve missed church so much this past year, and am glad we can attend in this way.
- New YouTube video. Every Saturday you can expect to see a new video on my YouTube channel (are you subscribed yet?!) Right now, these will all be less than 10 minutes!
Daily Action Items/Goals:
- Selah Study. There’s still time to get the digital version of this 6-week study through Psalms that starts today. I’m so excited to start this one!
- Write. This is sort of a given since I have a word count goal. But this also includes writing in my journal or on my blog. I don’t have to work on my book every day.
- Read with Von. We’re (slowly) starting to implement a longer bedtime read-aloud. instead of just picture books. We’ve started the Mercy Watson series. I only read a few very short chapters each night, but it’s a fun time!
- Pick up 10 things at night. Since getting in the habit of doing a nightly pick-up is proving harder than I thought, I’m making this task, even more, bite-sized by giving it a number. 10 things, then I can go to bed. I’m hoping this will help kickstart this habit so I can do a more thorough pick-up at some point.
What goals or habits are you hoping to work on this month!?