I know I know, as a bookworm can you really have a top 10 of your favorite books?
In honor of National Book Lovers day I thought I’d ask myself that question and share a list of my all time favorite books with you today. I hope you enjoy! These aren’t in any order, just books that I love and why I love them.
This post contains affiliate links, see my full disclosure here.
My Top 10 Favorite Books
1) The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I can’t have this list without talking about The Happiness Project. I fell in love with Gretchen’s writing while reading this (and I feel like we are so similar in personalities) and I’ve read all of her books since! This one is all about her year of changing things + starting new habits or resolutions to make herself happier. I also really really love Happier At Home.
2) The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner. This book came into my life at the PERFECT time. I had been in a reading slump for a long time and needed something that spoke to me. Jeff’s writing is INCREDIBLE and this book will make you laugh and cry and you really just need to pick it up right now.
3) Girls in the Moon by Janet McNalley. To be 100% honest I can’t tell you the main characters names in this book, but I still love it. This follows two sisters + their mom on their life adventure with love, music, and family.
4) Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab. I LoveLoveLove ALL of Victoria/V.E. Schwab’s books (seriously, you need to read them, if you don’t know where to start check out this post). But I think Our Dark Duet is my favorite. Ah. But it is book 2 so you have to read This Savage Song first (which isn’t a problem because you’ll love it too) but this book is all about monsters who want to be human and humans who act like monsters. Dang. It’s a fantastic book.
5) Vicious by V.E. Schwab oh yeah, it’s another book my by fave. Vicious is dark and amazing and you’ll love and hate Eli and Victor and it’s the greatest time. When two college students discover they can become ExtraOrdinary (think superhero) after near death experiences, they do everything they can to get power, but once they have it, well, you’ll just have to read it to find out what happens next.
6) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern Wow just wow. This book is beautiful and spell-binding and if you’re in need of an escape, this book will take you to another world. I love The Night Circus more than I can say and I think I’m going to re-read it soon.
7) Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham Growing up, chasing your dreams, finding love, this book has it all. I listened to it (it’s narrated by Lauren herself and it’s just the best time. Highly recommend.
8) Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia this is a YA contemporary that filled my own creative heart. Eliza creates a really popular web comic, but totally anonymously. When a new boy at school is a fan, she still keeps her secret. There was good mental health stuff in this one and it’s just the best read.
9) Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller I read this one a few years ago and I still think about it. It’s told in two perspectives, the grown daughter in the present and then her mom through letters. I loved this book. It was different than any book I’ve ever read before and it makes you think about life and love and motherhood in different ways.
10) Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling. Can’t have a favorites list without mentioning Harry Potter.Book 6 has always been my favorite, it’s the one I’ve read the most times and I really just love it. It’s sort of the calm before the storm of everything that happens in book 7 and we learn so much about the characters. And there’s a little romance which I always enjoy. Okay, excuse me while I go reread all my Harry Potter books.
11) The Book of Mormon. I had to add this one, because along with the Bible the Book of Mormon is a book that I read every single day. It’s a book of scripture similar to the Bible that I study daily to grow my faith.
Those are my favorite books of all time! For one reason or another these books made that list, I’ve got a lot of honorable mentions (books that almost made the list) but we’ll talk about those another day. What books are on your top ten list?
P.S. If you want to read some great books every month, be sure to join my book club!