Every Friday since the beginning of April, I’ve been sharing one of my favorite books each week for my new tag #favoritebooksfriday.
I started this because I wanted to talk about the good books I love and recommend them in this crazy time of COVID-19. It’s been so fun to share these with you and I’ve loved seeing all of your favorites as you’ve joined in!
Today I put together a roundup of the past 5 weeks, so they’ll all be in one place. I’ll do this regularly so that you can find all of my favorite + most recommended books in one spot.
*This post contains affiliate links. See site disclaimer for details
Favorite Books Friday Instagram Roundup:
One of my favorite hard-hitting YA Novels. The writing will suck you in and the story will make you laugh and you’ll definitely cry.
Now is the perfect time to slow down and reevaluate your life. Sometimes the good life is better than a great life.
In a world where monsters want to be human and most humans act like monsters, what will happen next? I love this duology, it tugs at your heart and makes you question what it really means to be human. Also, Victoria Schwab, she’s a queen.
Just in time for Mental Health Month, we’ve got Eliza who is an anonymous artist of an online comic that everyone is buzzing about. And she’s got anxiety. Then when she meets one of her fans in real life, she doesn’t tell him who she is.
One of my favorite self-help/personal growth books. Can you really make yourself happier? Follow along with Gretchen’s journey to see how her project worked for her!
Top April Blog Posts:
1) There is Still Hope. — Where I’m finding hope in this wild and crazy time of COVID-19.
2). It’s Time For A Reset — Did you know that things are still growing in this weird season? Maybe life doesn’t look like you thought it would at the beginning of 2020, but you can still move forward in becoming the person you want to be.
3) My new online book club! — A new name + a fun fantasy book that you’ll really want to read with us in May!
4). An Unpaid Review of Better Help — Therapy isn’t a bad thing, in fact, therapy is the best thing I’ve done for myself this year! I use BetterHelp which is a virtual therapy service that matches you with a therapist. Come see all of my thoughts + experiences here.
5) 7 Books to Read With Your Toddler — Hey, you stuck inside? Yeah, us too. We’ve been trying to read a lot though (or at least once a day!) These are some of our favorite books + grab a free tracker to start tracking 1000 books before Kindergarten!
April Best Sellers:
These top sellers are pulled from my analytics, where I can see what you clicked + shopped the most from all my links throughout the month. Don’t worry, I don’t know who bought what! But it’s helpful to see what you guys are loving, so I can share more books + products that you and other readers of Bookish Tay will love!
1) A Curse So Dark and Lonely — Looks like you’re all getting ready to read ACSDAL with Tay’s Book Club this month! There’s still time to join + grab a copy if you haven’t yet!
2) When Less Becomes More — I’ve been pulling out my copy in the mornings, so I don’t blame ya that you’re wanting to slow your mind a little and focus on what matters most, instead of being overwhelmed and burned out during this time.
3) Again, but Better — Tay’s Book Club pick for April! This is a book that’s all about second chances, I loved reading it, even more, the second time.
4) 3-Pack Minimalism Art Journals — I shared these journals in one of my weekly newsletters (sign up below!) about how much journaling has been helping me with anxiety and just to get out my thoughts on paper. I love these journals because there is tons of room to write or doodle, or make it a bujo. I’ve used the yellow and pink ones previously, and when I fill in my last pink one, I’m thinking about getting blue.
5) The Last Magician — This book was included on my post 10 Fantasy Books to Read if You’re New to Fantasy. The Last Magician is a perfect place to start if you’re new to the genre!! (and it’s ONLY $5.99!!)
6) Atomic Habits — Ready to change your habits? This book is a quick read full of tips and tricks that will actually help you make better habits and drop the bad ones!
7) Throne of Glass — Another suggestion from my fantasy books post. I love this book, and it’s probably time for me to actually finish this series! An assassin who’s freed from prison to fight to become the king’s assassin.
Bookish Tay Discount Codes
Once Upon A Book Club – BOOKISHTAY10 – 10% off
Try Libro.fm for free for 1 month!
$10 Off first Simplified purchase