Every season, I get to do a goal refresh in my PowerSheets goal planner. I love this section because it reminds me that who I am now, at the end of June, isn’t the same person I was on January 1.
And I’m so glad.
I shared my 2021 goals back in January, and while a lot of my big goals haven’t changed, my perspective has changed in this season. I’m focusing more on my body and mind instead of writing writing writing all the time. And (spoiler) even though I’ve talked about only my book for the past few goal posts, book writing/publishing isn’t a main focus for this season. I’ll still be inching away at that goal, but it isn’t my focus like it was in spring.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links which means that if you click on a link and purchase something I’ve shared, I’ll receive a small percentage of the sale. Please see my full disclaimer for more details.
My goals for summer 2021
Being creative is still super important to me. I’m outlining another book right now, but I’m not actually writing yet. Other ways I hope to be creative this season:
- Share videos on YouTube. I love writing, but creating on YouTube has made me stretch and find more things that I love. It’s such a fun hobby!
- Continue + finish the 40 Days of Writing The Every Day that I started last week. This challenge is helping me actually pay more attention to my day and the smaller parts of it.
Nourish Mind and Body
My physical health has sort of taken a back burner…. all year. Time to change that.
- Eat fruit and veggies daily (I’ll be starting small, with a fruit a day at lunchtime during July)
- Exercise 5 days a week. Start with 5 minute exercises to get in the habit.
- Focus on getting good sleep. This means a bedtime, no phone before bed, and aiming for 8-9 hours a night.
Home + Family
- Declutter our upstairs rooms (our bedroom, V’s room, my office). Time for stuff to get out so we have more space to live.
Walk With Jesus
- Go to the temple each month. Temples are sacred spaces in the church I am a part of, and serving there has been something I’ve missed the past 16 months, since they’ve been closed because of Covid. No longer! I can’t wait to go back.
Time for a reset
- Take a social media sabbatical in July. I started this a few days early, but I need some clarity and time away. I’ll be still here on my blog, but not on social media until sometime in August.
Do you set quarterly or seasonal goals? I’d love to hear about what you’re working on this season!
P.S. The Undated PowerSheets goal planner is currently on sale (lowest I’ve ever seen) if you want to start setting + keeping intentional goals.